- Art & Culture
Miurart・Village (Miurart Village Art Museum)
Miurart・Village was planned by Mr. Tamotsu Miura (1928 ~ 1996), the founder of Miura Group, while he was still alive, and the museum was completed in 1998. In the garden, ceramic plate paintings and sculptures are exhibited perpetually, so you can enjoy the works with the expression of each season in the open space. In particular, porcelain panel painting is a unique production technique created by Tamotsu Miura himself and is a work of art that cannot be seen anywhere else. This panel painting can be exhibited outdoors because it is resistant to deterioration,
The inside of the museum was designed based on Tamotsu Miura’s favorite trapeziums and has a structure in which the ceiling gradually becomes higher at the back of the building, and the building itself is “Art”. In addition to the collection of works by Japanese and foreign artists, various exhibitions are held throughout the year.
- How to Get There
- About 15 minutes on foot from "Uchimiya" or "Hanamibashi" on the Iyotetsu Bus bound for Hojo/Horie.
About 20 minutes on foot from JR Yosan Line "Horie Station".
- Open time
- 9:30～17:00(Last admission is 16:45.)
- Holidays: Monday, Tuesday (Open on National Holidays), Periods during exhibit replacement, Year-end and New Year Holidays.
- Varies according to exhibition
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.