Outside the prefecture
Iya Valley vine bridge
This suspension bridge in the secluded Iya Valley of Tokushima Prefecture is one of Japan’s three unusual bridges. With a length of 45 m, a width of 2 m, a height of 14 m above the river, and a weight of 5 tonnes, the bridge is woven of wild vines. It presents a beautiful sight in every season, harmonizing with its natural surroundings. When you stand on the bridge, you can see the river beneath your feet, and so crossing it is a thrilling experience. It’s lit up every evening from 19:00 to 21:00, presenting a fantastic sight in the dark. It’s designated a national Tangible Folk Cultural Property.
(*Open hours for kazurabashi bridge crossings: [April through June] 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; [July through August] 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; [September through March] 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- 162-2 Nishiiya-yamanura-zentoku, Miyoshi City, Tokushima
- How to Get There
- About a 5 minute walk from Kazurabashi bus stop
- Open time
- Available hours of crossing Kazurabashi Bridge [April through July 20] 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. [July 21 through August] 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. [September] 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. [October through November] 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. [December through January] 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. [February] 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. [March] 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Open year-round (Once every three years the road is closed from mid-January to late February due to the rebuilding of the bridge.)
- Adult: ¥550, Child [Elementary School Student] ¥350
- Accessible by public transportation
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Paid parking lot
- 0120-404-344 (Miyoshi City Tourist Information Center)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.