Outside the prefecture
Akashi Strait Bridge and Ōnaruto Bridge
Akashi Strait Bridge and Ōnaruto Bridge These two bridges link Honshū and Shikoku via Awaji Island. At 3,911 m, the Akashi Strait Bridge is the world’s longest suspension bridge, spanning the Akashi Strait between Honshū and Awaji Island. The Ōnaruto Bridge is a 1,629 m-long suspension bridge spanning the Naruto Strait between Awaji Island and Shikoku. The Naruto Strait has the fastest current in Japan, and the huge volume of seawater passing through it causes whirlpools to form. The largest of these has a diameter of 30 m, making it one of the biggest in the world.
- Kōbe, Awaji, Minami Awaji, Hyōgo Prefecture, Naruto, Tokushima Prefecture
- How to Get There
- About 5 minutes by car from the Naruto Kia (North) IC
- Highway toll
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 088-687-2166 (Honshu-Shikoku Bridge Expressway Co., Ltd., Naruto Control Center)
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.