Outside the prefecture
- Art & Culture
An island of picturesque scenic beauty that floats in the Seto Inland Sea. With its warm temperate climate, a site of flourishing olive cultivation, as well as soy sauce and sōmen production. Nijūshi no Hitomi (“Twenty-Four Eyes”), a novel set on the island, depicts interactions between a schoolteacher and her twelve pupils around the years of the Pacific War. It has also been made into a film and a television drama. Nijūshi no Hitomi-mura (Twenty-Four Eyes Movie Village), where the film set for the movie adaptation is preserved, is a popular sightseeing destination. The Shihōzashi Daikanbō overlook located near the center of the island offers views of panoramic scenic beauty as far as the Seto Ōhashi and Ōnaruto Bridges when the weather is clear.
- Tonoshō-chō / Shōdoshima-chō, Shōzu-gun, Kagawa
- How to Get There
- About 60 minutes by ferry from Takamatsu Port
- Pet-friendly (Consultation may be required)
- Accessible by public transportation
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Parking fees depending on the port.
- 0879-82-1775 (Shodoshima Island Tourist Association)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.