Outside the prefecture
- Art & Culture
An island of scenic beauty in the Seto Inland Sea. The warm climate is exploited for olive cultivation, and the island also produces soy sauce and sōmen. Shōdoshima is the setting for the novel Twenty-Four Eyes, describing the interactions of a school teacher with her twelve students during the war years. It was made into a film and television drama. The film set, Twenty-Four Eyes Movie Village is a popular sightseeing spot. In the centre of the island, there’s an observation platform where you can enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the Great Seto Bridge and the Ōnaruto Bridge.
- Tonoshō-chō / Shōdoshima-chō, Shōzu-gun, Kagawa
- How to Get There
- About 60 minutes by ferry from Takamatsu Port
- Accessible by public transportation
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Parking fees depending on the port.
- 0879-82-1775 [Shodoshima Island Tourist Association]
- Web Site