Within the city and other areasEntire city
- Art & Culture
Haiku Monuments and Haiku Box
Haiku is a popular cultural activity in Matsuyama. As the capital of haiku, the city has set up haiku posts throughout tourist spots, hotels, and inns where anyone can submit their haikus. There are currently over 90 haiku posts within the city, more than ten outside Ehime prefecture, as well as in Brussels (Belgium), the capital of the European Union, Freiburg (Germany), a sister city of Matsuyama, and Taipei (Taiwan), a friendship exchange city of Matsuyama. The submitted haikus inside Matsuyama are collected every three months to select quality haikus, and winners receive commemorative gifts. Haiku monuments are also placed all over the city where enthusiasts go on tours to find them.
- All areas of Matsuyama
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-6952 (Matsuyama City Culture and Word Division)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.