Within the city and other areasEntire city
- Art & Culture
Haiku Monuments and Haiku Box
Haiku is very popular in Matsuyama, and there are haiku boxes at all the main sightseeing spots, hotels and ryokan. Feel free to post a haiku. There are currently over 90 boxes in the city, and more than 10 outside Ehime prefecture. Haiku boxes are even located in Brussels, the EU capital, and in Freiburg, Matsuyama’s sister city. The boxes are opened every two months, and the creators of selected haiku are awarded small prizes. Besides Japanese, haiku submitted in English, Korean and Chinese are judged once a year. Visitors also tour the haiku monuments dotted around the city.
- All areas of Matsuyama
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-6952 (Matsuyama City Culture and Language Section)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.