Within the city and other areas
- Art & Culture
Juzo Itami Museum
Juzo Itami was a talented actor, an essayist, and a film director. A memorial hall was built in Matsuyama due to his connection to the city, as the birthplace of both his parents, and the high school years Juzo himself spent here. He is also known as a hobbyist such as a cook and a vehicle enthusiast.
The permanent exhibit holds 13 areas (derived from his name Juzo written as ten and three) full of manuscripts, original illustrations, films, and personal items. The corridor surrounds the courtyard with bright sunlight inside this chic building with the “Kokuitabei” (black fence). Along with a café and a shop selling Jyuzo Manju and other original merchandise, exclusive to visitors.
- 1-6-10 Higashi-Ishii, Matsuyama
- How to Get There
- 3-minute walk from "Amayama-bashi stop" via Iyotetsu bus
- Open time
- 10:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. (Last entry 5:30 p.m.)
- Tuesdays (following day if Tuesday falls on a National Holiday), New Year Holidays, maintenance days"
- ¥800 / adult, ¥500 / college and high school students, FREE / junior high and younger
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.