Outside the city
- Art & Culture
Wax Museum Kamihagatei
This is the home of the Kamihaga family who prospered as wax manufacturers. The ten buildings including the main building were built at the zenith of the family fortunes. All are important cultural properties. The entire production facilities remain, and you can understand how people lived in those times, and the relationship between local industry and housing. The exhibition building has dioramas of the wax production process and an extensive collection of wax-making tools, as well as an information corner and café. Guides are available.
- 2696 Uchiko, Uchiko-chō, Kita-gun
- How to Get There
- About a 25 minute walk from JR Uchiko Station
- Open time
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- New Year's Holidays
- Adult: ¥500, Elementary and Junior High Student: ¥250
- Accessible by public transportation
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.