Outside the prefecture
Special Place of Scenic Beauty Ritsurin Garden
One of the foremost Japanese gardens, it was completed over more than one hundred years by successive feudal lords in the Edo period. Besides being designated a Special Place of Scenic Beauty, it’s been awarded three stars by the Michelin Green Guide Japan. Six lakes and thirteen artificial hills are skillfully arranged with Mt. Shiun as a backdrop, creating a beautiful balance. Various flowers bloom in each season. It’s renowned for its cherry blossom in spring and red leaves in autumn. You can ride in a punt on the lakes and hear an explanation of the sights, enjoying the feeling of being a feudal lord.
- 1-20-16 Ritsurin-chō, Takamatsu City, Kagawa
- How to Get There
- About a 1 minute walk from the Ritsurin Koenmae bus stop
- Open time
- 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. [ Varies according to the season]
- Open year-round
- Adult: ¥410, Child: ¥170 ( Additional fee for Wasen boat ride in the park.)
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Credit cards accepted
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Paid parking lot
- 087-833-7411 (Kagawa Ritsurin Park Tourist Office)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.