Outside the prefecture
This shrine is known familiarly as ‘Konpira-san’. From ancient times, it’s been the guardian deity of sailors, and it’s visited by believers from all over Japan. Located at an elevation of 538 m on the side of Mt. Zōzu, the approach to the main shrine goes up 785 stone steps, while there are 1,368 to the top shrine. The path is lined with souvenir shops, restaurants and cafés. The expansive shrine compound has various buildings registered as important national cultural properties, and the Treasure House displays artworks and cultural properties. You can also enjoy the changing of the seasons with the cherry blossoms, azaleas and autumn leaves.
- 892-1 Kotohira-chō, Nakatado-gun, Kagawa
- How to Get There
- About a 15 minute walk from Takamatsu Kotohira Electric Railroad Kotohira Station
- Open time
- Homotsukan・OmoteShoin 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Last entry 4:00 p.m.)
- Open year-round
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0877-75-2121 (Shamusho Shrine office)
- Web Site