Outside the prefecture
This gorge roughly in the centre of Shōdoshima is one of Japan’s three most beautiful. It was formed by erosion and crustal movement of rocks formed through volcanic activity over 13 million years ago, creating superb scenery of towering cliffs and strangely shaped rocks. The gorge bears a different expression in each season, with fresh green in spring, deep green in summer, red leaves in autumn, and snow in winter. The view out over the Seto Inland Sea from the cable car is amazing. You can also encounter many plants and animals if you take the footpath. There’s an observation platform and restaurant at the mountain top.
- Kankakedōri, Shōdoshima-chō, Shōzu-gun, Kagawa
- How to Get There
- About a 15 minute walk from Shodoshima Olive Bus bound for Kankake Line Kouuntei.
- Open time
- Ropeway 8: 00 a.m.to 5: 00 p.m. (Varies according to the season)
- Open year-round
- One-way: Adult: ¥1050, Child: ¥530
- Accessible by public transportation
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0879-82-2171 (Kankakei Ropeway)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.