Outside the prefecture
- Art & Culture
Shikoku Mura (Shikoku Folk House Museum & Shikoku Mura Gallery)
This outdoor museum features old houses from various parts of Shikoku, recreated here. Two are nationally designated important national cultural properties. Located in extensive parkland, the distinctive buildings and everyday tools from the Edo to the Taishō period give you a fascinating insight into the daily life of those times. In the Shikoku Gallery designed by Japan’s leading architect Tadao Andō, there are displays of art from around the world. There’s also a restaurant in a traditional thatched cottage serving handmade udon, and a café in a foreigner’s residence, transplanted from Kōbe.
- 91 Yashima-nakamachi, Takamatsu City, Kagawa
- How to Get There
- About a 5 minute walk from Kotohira Electric Railroad Shido Line Kotoden Yashima Station
- Open time
- 9:30–17:00 (Museum reception until 16:30; Shikoku Mura Gallery closes at 16:30)
- Open daily except Tues (or the following day when holidays fall on Tues)
- Adults: ¥1,600, univ. students: ¥1,000, junior high & high school students: ¥600, elem. school students & younger: free admission
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 087-843-3111[Shikoku Minka folk house Museum]
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.