Outside the prefecture
- Art & Culture
This outdoor museum features old houses from various parts of Shikoku, recreated here. Two are nationally designated important national cultural properties. Located in extensive parkland, the distinctive buildings and everyday tools from the Edo to the Taishō period give you a fascinating insight into the daily life of those times. In the Shikoku Gallery designed by Japan’s leading architect Tadao Andō, there are displays of art from around the world. There’s also a restaurant in a traditional thatched cottage serving handmade udon, and a café in a foreigner’s residence, transplanted from Kōbe.
- 91 Yashima-nakamachi, Takamatsu City, Kagawa
- How to Get There
- About a 5 minute walk from Kotohira Electric Railroad Shido Line Kotoden Yashima Station
- Open time
- 8:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m. [April to October], 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. [November to March]
- Open year-round
- Adult ¥1,000, High School Student ¥600, Elementary and Junior High Student ¥400
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.