Outside the prefecture
Onomichi is a town of slopes, with many temples and shrines in the limited living space between the sea and mountains, linked by a maze of lanes. It’s also known as a town of literature and films, where many writers have lived and movies have been filmed. From the windows of the cable car up to Senkō-ji Temple you can see the townscape laid out like a garden. Senkō-ji Park is known for its cherry blossoms, and in spring the whole town turns pink.
- Onomichi City, Hiroshima
- How to Get There
- About 1 hour and 40 minutes by train from JR Hiroshima Station
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0848-36-5495 (General Incorporated Fundation Onomichi Tourist Association)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.