Outside the prefecture
Ōboke and Koboke
This gorge extends about 8 km around the middle of the Yoshino River. The river carved a path through the rock, sculpting beautiful and fantastic shapes. In spring, the gorge is a belt of cherry blossoms, and in autumn, red leaves. The Yoshino River is known for its exciting river rafting. Ōboke is designated a national Place of Scenic Beauty. The area is also known for its legends of monsters, whose effigies you can see round about.
- Yamashirochō-shigezane / Yamashirochō-kamimyō, Miyoshi City, Tokushima
- How to Get There
- About 30 minutes to 1 hour from JR Oboke Station
- Open year-round
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0120-404-344 (Miyoshi City Tourist Information Center)
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.