Around the CastleDowntownWithin the city and other areas
- Art & Culture
Birthplace of the Akiyama Brothers
This is the birthplace of Yoshifuru and Masayuki Akiyama, two of the three main characters of the novel “Clouds above the Hill” written by Ryotaro Shiba, a leading Japanese novelist. Since there are no blueprints from that time period, it was reconstructed from the stories of related people and pictures of the time. It is said that in his later years, Yoshifuru lived in a house with some modifications to his birthplace. The building exhibits documents related to the Akiyama brothers and there is a bronze statue of the brothers in the garden.
- 3-6 2-chome, Kachimachi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 3 minute walk from Okaido Streetcar Station
- Open time
- 10:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.[Last entry 4:30 p.m.]
- Mondays (Open when Monday is a national holiday or substitute holiday and closed the following day)
- Adult: ¥300, Under high School Student: No admission fee
- Parking available
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.