Around the CastleDowntownWithin the city and other areas
- Art & Culture
Birthplace of the Akiyama Brothers
A reconstruction of the house famous as the birthplace of AKIYAMA Yoshifuru and Saneyuki, who were two of the three protagonists in Saka no Ue no Kumo (“Clouds Above the Hill”) written by leading Japanese novelist SHIBA Ryōtarō. Yoshifuru spent his final years in the house where he had been born, a structure of great simplicity to which he had made only minimal modifications. Though the house was later destroyed by fire in air-raids, it was reconstructed based on photographs from the time and remembrances by people with connections to the house. Materials related to the AKIYAMA brothers are displayed inside the residence, and bronze statues of them stand outside in the garden.
- 3-6 2-chome, Kachimachi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 3 minute walk from Okaido Streetcar Station
- Open time
- 10:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. (Last entry 4:30 p.m)
- Mondays (Open when Monday is a national holiday or substitute holiday and closed the following day)
- Adult: ¥300, Under high School Student: No admission fee
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-943-2747 (Public Interest Incorporated Foundation, The headquarters of the Toki)wa Dokyokai
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.