Within the city and other areas
One of Japan’s leading novelists, Sōseki Natsume wrote the novel Botchan based on his own experience teaching at a junior high school in Matsuyama. The steam engines that appear in the novel ran in the city for 67 years from 1888. The trains that run today are diesel replicas introduced in 2001. They take their name from Sōseki’s novel, and their old-fashioned appearance is very popular with visitors to Matsuyama. The guard’s uniforms are also replicas of contemporary uniforms.
- Matsuyama City
- Open time
- The same as the operating schedule
- Please check the operation schedules on the official website.
- One Ride: Adult ¥800, Elementary School Student ¥400
- Accessible by public transportation
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-3323 (IYOTETSU Group Co., Ltd.)
- Web Site