Ai-no-Kōro excursion boat route
The Hana-Henro excursion boat offers mini cruises of about 30 minutes swaying in the waves of the Seto Inland Sea. The tours, which take passengers around to Koga-shima island, Gyokuri and Kando-jima—a pair of meoto-iwa, or “wedded rocks” in the sea—and Chikiri-jima island, are highly enjoyable for children as well. Onboard, announcements in the lilting voice of the Matsuyama-born comedian and actress Tomochika introduce passengers to highlights at each scenic spot along the way. The rocks of Gyokuri and Kando-jima, sometimes referred to as the Futami of Iyo (after the famous Futami meoto-iwa in Mie Prefecture), offer particularly striking scenes as the evening sun descends into the sea. Sunset cruises can be highly recommended. The name “Ai-no-Kōro” (literally “Route of Love”) alludes to the stunning locations along the excursion’s path across the waves.
- 1596 Hōjō-tsuji, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- 10-minute walk from JR Iyo-Hōjō Station and 3-minute ferry ride
- Open time
- From 10:37 a.m. to sunset
- No holidays
- Fares: Adults ¥370, young children ¥190
- Accessible by public transportation
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Credit cards accepted
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
Advance reservations not required from the second Saturday in July through August 31. During the rest of the year, please make reservations through the Kashima Park Ferry Port Office by the preceding day. Please be aware that excursions may be suspended in the event of strong wind or high waves.
- Kashima Park Ferry Port Office 089-992-1375
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.