This small island sits 400 m off the coast of Hōjō. It’s 1.5 km round and 114 m high. There are trails around the island and over the mountain, and the appearance of the island changes with the seasons. You can also see wild deer here. The beautiful coastline of the island is popular with swimmers in the summer. The top of the mountain affords a sweeping view over Hōjō and the islands of Setouchi. Many haiku poets have visited, and there are haiku monuments dotted around the island.
- 1605 Houjo-tsuji, Matsuyama City (Kashima Park Ferry Waiting Area)
- How to Get There
- About 10-minute walk from JR Yosan Line"Iyo Hojo Sta."About 3 minutes by ferry from Kashima park waiting room to Hojo Kashima.
- Open time
- Ferry operating hours: 7: 00 to 22: 00 (Varies according to the season)
- Ferry operation hours 7:00～21:00 (seasonal changes apply), Round trip ferry fee: Adults ¥210, Children ¥110, Tour boat: Adults ¥370, Children ¥190 Parking: ¥520
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Paid parking lot
- 089-992-1375 (Kashima Island Ferry waiting area）
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.