This small island sits 400 m off the coast of Hōjō. It’s 1.5 km round and 113.8 m high. There are trails around the island and over the mountain, and the appearance of the island changes with the seasons. You can also see wild deer here. The beautiful coastline of the island is popular with swimmers in the summer. The top of the mountain affords a sweeping view over Hōjō and the islands of Setouchi. Many haiku poets have visited, and there are haiku monuments dotted around the island.
- Hōjō-tsuji,Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About 10-minute walk from JR Yosan Line"Iyo Hojo Sta."About 3 minutes by ferry from Kashima park waiting room to Hojo Kashima.
- Open time
- Ferry operating hours: 7: 00 to 22: 00 (Varies according to the season)
- Ferry round-trip fare: ¥210, Excursion boat: Adult: ¥370, Child:¥190,Parking Fee:¥520
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Paid parking lot
- 089-992-1375 [Kashima Ferry Port Parking Office]
- Web Site