DowntownWithin the city and other areas
- Art & Culture
This memorial hall is a restored house where Shiki Masaoka, the founder of modern haiku, lived until he was 17 years old. They exhibit the desk, ink, personal effects and photos that Shiki used. In the square in front of Shikido memorial hall is the passenger car of the “Botchan Train” which appears in the novel “Botchan” by Natsume Soseki , who was acquainted with Shiki.
- 16-3 Suehiro-machi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 5 minute walk from Matsuyama Shieki Station
- Open time
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Last entry 4:40 p.m.)
- Open year-round
- Adult: ¥50
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.