Richshaws are said to have been invented in Japan around 1868. They were used as a common mode of transportation in Japan from the 1870s through the 1930s. They are currently used for sightseeing purposes around tourist spots. Rickshaws in Matsuyama can be hired in front of Botchan Karakuri Clock and Dogo Onsen’s Main Building, which includes a guided tour of Dogo by the runner. Various courses are available based on one’s purpose, budget, or the time available for the tour, and can be chosen from 10-minutes, 20-minutes, or 1 hour courses.
- 5-6 Dōgo-yunomachi, Matsuyama City (in front of Dōgo Onsen Honkan)
- How to Get There
- In front of Botchan Karakuri Clock, 6-9 Dogo-yunomachi / In front of Dogo Onsen's Main Building, 5-6 Dogo-yunomachi
Botchan Karakuri Clock: across from "Dogo Onsen Station" of the streetcars
Dogo Onsen's Main Building: 5-minute walk from "Dogo Onsen Station"
- Open time
- Varies according to the operating company
- Open year-round (Closed during rainy or stormy weather)
- ¥1,500 per person～
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 090-7499-3911[Ganso (Original) Kurumayasan"] 090-3183-3683[Rickshaw head office]
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.