Dōgo-kōen Park (Yuzuki Castle Ruins)
Dōgo Park is an attractive park located not far from Dōgo Onsen Honkan. The small hill in the middle was the site of Yuzuki Castle. The castle stood for about 250 years from the first half of the 14th century to the latter half of the 16th century. The moat and earthworks remain as they were at that time. Samurai residences and earthen walls have been reconstructed, and items unearthed in excavations are on display. An outer moat surrounds the park, with an inner moat around the bottom of the hill. Local people and visitors to Matsuyama enjoy strolling around the park, and it’s also renowned for its cherry blossoms.
- Dōgo-kōen Park, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- A short way from Dōgo-kōen Park Streetcar Station
- Open time
- Exhibition facility: 9:00～17:00, Park: Any time open
- Mondays (Open when Monday is a national holiday and closed the following day), December 29th to January 3rd
- No admission fee
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Paid parking lot
- 089-941-1480 (Ehime Prefectural Dogo Park Designated Administration Agency)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.