Outside the city
- Art & Culture
This shrine is dedicated to Ōyamazumi Kami, founding deity of Japan. This is the head shrine of the Yamazumi Shrines and Mishima Shrines, which have more than 10,000 shrines nationwide.The 2,600-year old giant camphor is enshrined as a sacred tree and various shrine buildings are designated important national cultural properties. Worshiped as a Mountain God and a Sea God, the warlords honored this shrine, and many swords and armor were dedicated here. Many are stored and exhibited in the treasure hall, including 8 National Treasures and 682 nationally designated Important Cultural Properties.
- 3327 Miyaura, Ōmishimachō, Imabari
- How to Get There
- About 15 minutes by car from the Omishima IC
- Open time
- 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Homotsu-Kan"Treasures museum" Close: 5:00 p.m.)
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.