Outside the city
Located at the southern foot of Mt. Ishizuchi, western Japan’s highest peak at 1,982 m, this is Shikoku’s biggest gorge and a nationally designated scenic spot. With deep forests, cliffs, and waterfalls, this place of untouched nature can be enjoyed in all seasons. There are two hiking routes, along the main branch of the river with its many sights, and the quieter Teppo River. The autumn foliage season from the end of October to early November is particularly beautiful.
- Kamiukena, Kuma Kōgen
- How to Get There
- 75-minute drive to Omogo Gorge from "Matsuyama IC"
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0892-21-1192 （Kumakōgen-chō Tourism Association）
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.