Outside the city
Kurushima Straits Bridge
This is the first bridge on the Shikoku side of the Shimanami Kaidō linking Honshū and Shikoku. It bridges the Kurushima Straits between Imabari and Ōshima. It’s the world’s first three-span suspension bridge, with a total length of 4,105 m. It took about 11 years to build, and was completed in 1999. It’s the biggest bridge on the Shimanami Kaidō, combining a graceful appearance that harmonizes with the natural scenery, and the impact of a huge structure. You can enjoy the view of one of the three rapid currents of the Seto Inland Sea from the bridge, and the beautiful night view.
- How to Get There
- About 15 minutes by car from the Imabari IC
- Open time
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Highway toll
- Travel by car recommended
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0898-22-0909 (Public Interest Incorporated Association : Imabari Local Tourism Association)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.