Outside the city
Tobeyaki Tōgei-kan（Tobe Pottery Hall）
This is an amusement facility where you can enjoy Tobeyaki (Tobe Pottery) and traditional Ehime crafts. In addition to exhibiting and selling the masterpieces of each kiln, rich with individualities, you can experience using the potter’s wheel (reservation required), hand-kneading (specific methods of hand forming) (reservation required), and ceramics painting. There is also a popular cafe “Zoo’s Kitchen” on the 2nd floor which uses special Tobe Pottery earthenware. Reservations are recommended because it may be sold out by 13:00.
- 83 Miyauchi, Tobe-cho, Ehime Pref.
- How to Get There
- Around 10 min. by car from Matsuyma IC
- Open time
- Tobeyaki Togei-kan 9:00〜17:00, Zoo's Kitchen 11:00～15:30
- Closed New Year's Day (Tobeyaki Togei-kan), Wednesdays (Zoo's Kitchen)
- ¥1,100, Today's Lunch at Zoo's Kitchen
- Accessible by public transportation
- Travel by car recommended
- Can communicate in English
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.