Outside the city
This is one of Japan’s three major karsts, located on the border between Ehime and Kōchi prefectures at a height of 1,400 m. It extends for 25 km east to west. Tengu Kōgen at an elevation of 1,485 m offers a 360-degree panorama, while Godan Kōgen and Mezurudaira with their exposed white limestone present unique scenery. In summer, the hills are carpeted in green grass, while in autumn, pampas grass flowers. From spring to autumn, cows graze the slopes, creating a pastoral scene.
- Kumakougen-cho of Kamiukena-gun, Seiyo City, Uchiko-cho of Kita-gun, all in Ehime Pref., and Yusuhara-cho, Tsuno-cho, in Kochi Pref. and others
- How to Get There
- About 95 minutes by car from the Matsuyama IC
- Travel by car recommended
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0892-21-1192 (Kumakogen-cho hometown development section)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.