This ferry operating in Mitsuhama Port boasts a 500-year history. The boat is operated by Matsuyama City and it’s officially a municipal route. This little boat has room for ten people. It plies back and forth across the Miyamae River, and you can ride it free of charge. You can also put your bicycle on it. Along with the Botchan train, this is one of Matsuyama’s unique and evocative transportation services. From the Edo to the Shōwa period, the Mitsu district thrived as Matsuyama’s gateway to the sea, and its streets are lined with historic old buildings.
- Mitsu, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 2 minute walk from Iyotetsu Railway, Takahama Line Minatoyama Station
- Open time
- 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Open year-round, Suspended in bad weather
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-951-2149 (Matsuyama Port Authority office)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.