Outside the city
- Art & Culture
Old Streets of Yōkaichi and Gokoku
The streets of the Yōkaichi and Gokoku districts of Uchiko retain the splendour that reflects the wealth generated by production of wax from the late Edo to the Taishō period. The areas have been selected for conservation. The streets are lined with traditionally built tradesmen’s houses and the residences of wealthy merchants, featuring pale yellow stucco walls with embellishments in white.
- Uchiko, Uchiko-chō, Kitagun
- How to Get There
- 5 minutes by car toward Matsuyama via R 56 from the Uchiko Ikazaki IC
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
・Paid parking lot
- 0893-44-5212 (YOKAICHI・GOKOKU Townscape Preservation Center)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.