Outside the city
- Art & Culture
This authentic Japanese-style theatre was built in 1916. This urban theatre equipped with a rotating stage, raised walkway, and tatami seating held regular dramatic performances until the 1950s. Scheduled for demolition due to deterioration, the theatre was repaired thanks to the enthusiasm of the local people, and it reopened in 1985. It’s used as base for art and cultural activities and on days when there are no performances, you can tour the theatre and fascinating backstage areas. In 2015 it was designated an important national cultural property.
- 2102 Uchiko, Uchiko-chō, Kita-gun
- How to Get There
- About a 10-minute walk from JR Uchiko Station
- Open time
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- New Year's Holidays
- Adult ¥400, Elementary and Junior High Student ¥200, Infant No-admission fee
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Wi-Fi available
- Credit cards accepted
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.