Around the CastleDowntown
Saka no Ue no Kumo Museum
Clouds Above the Hill, a historical novel by one of Japan’s leading novelists Ryōtarō Shiba, is partly set in Matsuyama, and the city has taken the novel as a theme in its development plans. This museum, designed by architect Tadao Andō, is a key part of this plan. Set in the Meiji period when Japan was emerging as a modern nation, the novel presents the lives of brothers Yoshifuru and Saneyuki Akiyama, and Shiki Masaoka, who all came from Matsuyama. The museum has exhibits about them and their historical background in the Meiji period. The novel was serialized in newspapers from 1968 to 1972, and was also made into a television drama.
- 3-20 Ichibanchō, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 2 minute walk from Okaido Streetcar Station
- Open time
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Last entry 6:00 p.m.)
- Mondays (except national holidays)
- Adult: ¥400, Senior Citizen: ¥200, High School Student: ¥200
- Accessible by public transportation
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.