Around the Castle
- Art & Culture
Statues of Botchan and Madonna
Statues of Botchan and Madonna donated by a private organization to promote Matsuyama, which was the stage of Soseki Natsume’s novel Botchan.
Located near the entrance of the Matsuyama Castle Ropeway Shinonome-guchi Station, two stylish statues welcome tourists and citizens.
- 3-chome Okaido, Matsuyama, Ehime
- How to Get There
- Get off at Iyotetsu bus "Ropeway-mae" stop, or 5-minute walk from Iyotetsu street car "Okaido" stop
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-6557 (International Tourism Section, Matsuyama City)
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.