Around the Castle
Matsuyama Castle Ninomaru Historical Garden
This garden replicates the layout of the lord of Matsuyama’s residence and sits on the hillside of Matsuyama Castle. The “Omote Goten Remains” in the northern half of the garden is called “Kankitsu/Souka Garden” that shows the floor plan with citrus fruits and flowers. The Okugoten Remains in the southwestern part are called “Ryusui-en,” with water, gravel, and grass revealing the floor plan. The garden also displays the remains of a large well found during excavation. In 2013, the garden was certified as a “Lover’s Sanctuary” and is popular among couples for its romantic atmosphere.
- 5 Marunouchi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 6 minute walk from Keichomae Streetcar Station
- Open time
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Last entry 4:30 p.m.; varies according to the season)
- The third Wednesday of December
- Adult: ¥200, Child: ¥100
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-921-2000 [Ninomaru and Horinouchi Administration Office]
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.