Around the Castle
- Art & Culture
The Museum of Art, Ehime
Located in the center of Matsuyama City, the museum houses a collection with over 10,000 works, including paintings by overseas artists such as Cézanne and Monet, important figures in the history of post-Edo-period Japanese art, and artists with local ties such as SUGIURA Hisui, AZECHI Umetarō, and MANABE Hiroshi. These collections are displayed in regular exhibitions and so on, rotating five to six times yearly. The museum also actively plans special themed exhibitions. With its atelier studios available to be used freely, a gallery for prefectural residents, and more, the site is widely made use of as a participatory and creative form of art museum
- Horinouchi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 1 minute walk from Minamihoribata (in front of Ehime Pref. Museum of Art) Streetcar Station
- Open time
- 9:40 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Last entry 5:30 p.m.)
- Mondays, New Year's holiday (Open when Monday is a national holiday and closed the following day)
- Permanent Exhibition: Adult ¥310, High School or University Student: ¥200
- Good rainy weather option
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Barrier-free accessibility
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.