Around the Castle
- Art & Culture
Botchan Train Museum
A museum for everybody showing the history of Iyotetsu Railway, which has been servicing Matsuyama citizens since its foundation in 1887. The displays are fun even if you are not a railway fan. A replica of the Iyotetsu No. 1 locomotive brings the scenery of the Meiji-era before your eyes. Train parts and rails of each era, a diorama of the old Matsuyama cityscape and old photographs are also on display, so you can feel as if you were traveling through time. You can come and go to the Starbucks adjacent to the hall, so you can enjoy having a coffee break.
- Iyotetsu Group Building, 4-4-1 Minatomachi, Matsuyama
- How to Get There
- 3-minute walk from Iyotetsu "Matsuyama City Station"
- Open time
- 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Open year-round
- No admission fee
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-3290（Botchan Train Museum）
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.