Around the Castle
The vast territory of this public park includes the Honmaru, the Ninomaru, and the Sannomaru (Horinouchi area) of the Matsuyama Castle Ruins. The grassy Yasuragi Hiroba offers a view of the castle’s Tenshu, the Ninomaru, and other historic sites, and is a favorite relaxation spot for locals.
The Fureai Hiroba (Interaction Square) section of the park can be used for walking dogs and enjoying light athletics like playing catch, in addition to taking walks, running, and so on. It also frequently serves as a venue for events held on weekends. The sight of cherry blossoms in full bloom filling the park in springtime attracts many visitors.
The park has been selected as one of the “Top 100 cherry blossom sights” of Japan.
- Horinouchi, Marunouchi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 10 minute walk from Matsuyama Shieki Station
- Pet-friendly (Consultation may be required)
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-6519 (Park and Greenery Section, Matsuyama City)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.