Around the Castle
This urban park inside the moat of Matsuyama Castle includes the three defensive enclosures of the castle. It’s popular as a public recreation spot with its spacious grass play area, and its views of the historic castle tower and Ninomaru. Ideal for strolling or running, part of the park is assigned for walking dogs and light sports like catchball. On weekends, it’s often used for events. In spring, around 200 cherry trees blossom, attracting many picnickers. It’s been selected as one of Japan’s top 100 places for cherry blossom.
- Horinouchi, Marunouchi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 10 minute walk from Matsuyama Shieki Station
- Accessible by public transportation
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-6519 (Park and Greenery Section, Matsuyama City)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.