Around the Castle
Matsuyama Castle Ropeway
There are four routes to Matsuyama Castle, situated on top of Katsuyama (alt. 132 meters), but the ropeway is the easiest way to get there. The station is located on the Ropeway Shopping Street, and it is a 3-minute ride from the Shinonome-guchi Station on the foothill to the Chojaganaru Station on the summit. The ropeway runs every 10 minutes, and you can reach the Matsuyama Castle entrance in 10 minutes from the Chojaganaru Station. There is also a single-seater lift, that is a 6-minute ride. You can enjoy the ride while looking down at this castle town.
- 3-2-46 Okaido, Matsuyama (Shinonome-guchi Ropeway Station)
- How to Get There
- Get off at "Ropeway-mae stop" via Iyotetsu bus.
5-minute walk from "Okaido stop" via Iyotetsu streetcar (tram)
- Open time
- 8:30 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. (seasonal changes may apply)
- Round trip: Adults ¥520 / Children ¥260"
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-921-4873 (Matsuyama Castle General Office)
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.