Dōgo Onsen Honkan
The Honkan houses Dōgo Onsen, said to be Japan’s oldest hot spring with a history going back about 3,000 years. It’s been awarded three stars by the Michelin Green Guide Japan, and it’s the first public bathhouse to be designated an important national cultural property. The current building is a three-story wooden structure renovated in 1894. Conservation work began on January 15, 2019. Guests can enjoy a bath at the “Kami no yu” on the first floor, however higher floors including resting space are closed during renovation.
*Appearances may differ, as Dōgo Onsen Honkan is undergoing preservation repair work.Click here for updates (external site).
- 5-6 Dōgo-yunomachi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- About a 5 minute walk from Dogo Onsen Streetcar Station
- Open time
- Kami-no-Yu Downstairs 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. [Last entry 10:30 p.m.]
- Open year-round
- Kami no Yu downstairs : Adult: ¥420, Child: ¥160
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Wi-Fi available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
Paid parking lot