Outside the city
This route joining Imabari in Ehime Prefecture and Onomichi in Hiroshima Prefecture is about 60 km long. Nine bridges link a string of islands across the Seto Inland Sea between Honshū and Shikoku. Besides enjoying the scenic beauty of the Inland Sea, you can experience a great deal of history and culture. Of the three routes linking Honshū and Shikoku, this is the only one that you can cross by bicycle or on foot, enjoying the exhilarating seascapes and tranquil fishing villages at your own pace. This is one of the best cycling routes in Japan, and it attracts visitors from all over the world.
- Imabari City, Onomichi City
- Highway toll Bicycle: 50JPY～200JPY (Vary by distance).
- Travel by car recommended
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
※Bicycle fees are free until March 31, 2022, with "Shimanami Free Cycling" in effect
- 0898-23-7250 (Imabari Control Center)／0848-44-3700 (Onomichi Control Center)
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.