Outside the city
This driving route from Omogo Gorge to the trailhead of Mt. Ishizuchi offers many views of the imposing mountain. When you come out of the Kanmuridake Tunnel, the grand scenery of the highest peak, Tengudake, appears, and from the Nagao Ridge observation platform, you can see the Goraikō Fall in the distance. Famous for its autumn leaves, the trees start to turn from early to mid-October. You feel as if you’re passing through a colourful tunnel of yellows, oranges and reds.
- How to Get There
- About 1 hour and 15 minutes by car from the Matsuyama IC
- Open time
- 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Varies according to the season)
- December 1st - March 31st: All roads closed.
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 0892-21-1192 (Kumakogen-cho Tourist Association)
- This information is correct as of 8/2020. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.