Spring Ninomaru Takigi Noh 2020 will be cancelled.
Ninomaru Takigi Noh
Around the Castle
As the landscape gradually darkens in the dusk hours, Matsuyama Takigi Noh emerges under the remaining light from the sky and the flames of bonfires. Sounds of drums and flutes permeate the park and create a mysterious ambiance around the stage which stands against the backdrop of Matsuyama Castle. Members of the audience enjoy a stage of subtle profundity wavering in the flickering kagaribi (ancient form of illumination using torches) while looking toward the deep green Shiroyama, the keep tower (tenshu), and the huge stone walls of the castle. Takigi Noh is a special type of noh performance that is mainly held on summer nights at a theatre or on a temporary outdoor stage surrounded by kagaribi. Noh is a theatrical art of medieval Japan that includes elements of staging and drama.
- Special Stage at Yasuragi Hiroba, Shiroyama Park, Matsuyama City
- Ninomaru Takigi Noh 2020 will be cancelled.
- For a fee
- Who are you traveling with?
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-6952 [Matsuyama City Culture and Language Section]