Outside the city
Iyozu-hiko-no-Mikoto Shrine (Tsubaki Shrine)
Iyozu-hiko-no-Mikoto Shrine is revered as the god of good luck and prosperity and is commonly known as Tsubaki Shrine or Tsubaki-san. With a history of more than 2,000 years, Ehime-no-Mikoto, the origin for Ehime Prefecture’s name, is also enshrined. The Tsubaki Festival (Tsubaki Matsuri) is held all day and night for three days from January 7 of the lunar calendar. It is a grand spring festival with approximately 800 stalls on the road to the shrine and is crowded with visitors from all over the country.
- 2-2-1 Iai, Matsuyama
- How to Get There
- 10-minute walk from Iyotetsu Bus "Tsubaki-mae stop"
- Open time
- Accessible by public transportation
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-956-0321（Tsubaki Shrine Office）
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.