Outside the city
Tobe Zoo (Doubutsu-en)
The leading zoo in Western Japan with about approximately 150 species and close to 660(as of the end of May 2022) animals, including the famous polar bear “Peace” and an African elephant family. There are 10 zones, where the animals live as close to their natural environment and habitats as possible. You can observe penguins “flying” through the water and orangutans crossing wires suspended 11meters above ground. Events feature nighttime walk-throughs and feeding and care-taking experiences.The Sea Lion House reopened in June 2021, is also popular.
- 240 Uehara-machi, Tobe-cho, Iyo-gun
- How to Get There
- Get off at Iyotetsu Bus "Tobe-Doubutsu-en-mae" stop
- Open time
- 9:00〜17:00 (Last entry 4:30 p.m.)
- Mondays (Tuesday if a national holiday falls on Monday)
- Accessible by public transportation
- Travel by car recommended
- Parking available
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- This information is correct as of 8/2021. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.