- Art & Culture
Botchan Karakuri Clock
The Botchan Karakuri Clock was erected in Hōjō-en, located in front of Dōgo Onsen Station, in 1994 to commemorate the centennial anniversary of the Dōgo Onsen Honkan. The Karakuri Clock rises with music accompanied by characters from Soseki Natsume’s “Botchan,” in which Dōgo Onsen appears. The show runs every hour (every 30 minutes on weekends, holidays, and seasonal periods) between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. The structure is modeled after the Shinrokaku from the Dōgo Onsen Honkan.
- 6-7 Dōgo-yunomachi, Matsuyama City
- How to Get There
- A short way from Dogo Onsen Streetcar Station
- Open time
- The show runs every hour (every 30 minutes on weekends, holidays, and other occasions) between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Open year-round
- No admission fee
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-948-6556 [Matsuyama City Tourism and International Exchange Section]
- Web Site
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.