- Art & Culture
Many pine trees were planted along the Baishinji coast a long time ago.These pines were seeded and cultivated in 1909 with a donation of Hirobumi Ito (first Prime Minister of Japan) and other enlistees. The Saimatsu-hi Monument was erected in 1930 to show its origin to future generations. Hirobumi was a descendant of the attendant of the dominant Kono family, who ruled the greater Iyo area from the end of Heian to the feudal period. He made a speech when visiting Dōgo Onsen, “This land is the hometown of my ancestors.”
- Baishinji, Matsuyama
- How to Get There
- 3-minute walk from Iyotetsu "Baishinji Station"
- No admission fee
- Accessible by public transportation
- Who are you traveling with?
- Recommended seasons
- Please be aware that changes may be made to the information due to various circumstances.
For the latest information, please contact the respective facilities directly.
- 089-951-0870 (Baishinji Park)
- This information is correct as of 3/2023. For details, please visit the official website of each facility or contact each facility.